Monday, October 20, 2008

Gonna learn how to do this!


Who knew you could spin old newspapers into yarn?
I think this is a great way to re-use materials and save the energy that would go into recycling them into other things. Now, it is human power rather than non-renewable power being used to re-create.
Here's a simple tutorial to get you started:
Spin Newspapers from greenUPGRADER
I actually just got a package from a friend of mine who lives in Japan (Hi, erin!) and he sent me some newspapers to use in this latest addiction of mine. Some newspapers from Germany should be coming soon, too, from my host family there.
My plan is to spin yarn from all of the places that have touched my heart/where I have lived and create a piece that connects them all via re-used materials.

I will keep posting as I go!

No comments: