Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Mattress Factory Installation is coming up!



Umm...it's in 10 days. The opening...I still have so much to do! Sleep is not on my list of things to get done. It is going to be one of the best pieces I have ever made, though! I have been asking people from my community to donate 1-2 objects that they are "unseen". here's the official invite I sent out:


My installation is about the unseen objects that share our living space. You
know, those things you have kept around for years, but don't really look at, or use
anymore. Think Knick knacks, keys that have no lock, rusty nails, an old
shoe...I would love to have 1-2 items from people in my life to include in the
installation.


So far, I have 6 people who have donated some really interesting things: sunglasses with dust all over them, rusty screws, an old electrical outlet, a spiderman toy...I'll post more pics soon! In the meantime, put the opening on May 8 7pm-9pm on your list to do!

No comments: