Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Business Tools for Artists, Crafters, whomever needs 'em!

Let's face it- we all need a little help when it comes to some area of our business. For me, though I love the business-y side of things, I need a a starting point to jump off from. So, i have been searching the internet, the library and bookstore for business ideas and advice. Here's some online sources that have been helpful.

Biz Ladies on Design Sponge is my new favorite for getting in-depth, but easy to read business advice. Usually oriented towards artists (Wow!), articles such as Microenterprise Development and Fortune in the Follow up have been helpful as I continue to create a successful creative arts business. There are even more articles than the last time I checked. I can't wait to read about Media Kits, since I am putting together some this week!

And, of course, Modish Biz Tips is amazing, as well. I especially like the monthly goals check-in. It's informative to read about how people develop their business and creative goals and how we all deal with meeting, or not meeting, the monthly goals. Also, there are series such as Brick-by-Brick and Biz Basics the latest of which was written by Tara Gentile of Scoutie Girl ( current blog fave).

Got any business resources you want to share? Leave a comment with your favorite!

No comments: