Monday, November 3, 2008

If you must choose, be brave...

My true blue bestest friend ever, my dear Cherish, once said "If you must choose, choose to do the bravest thing." This thought process has changed my life. It has helped me be a better person leading a happier life.

So, for my 30th birthday, I decided I needed to face another fear. One of my biggest is singing in front of people. I am terrified! Especially, on a stage and/or with a microphone. My fear cemented itself after a middle school talent show (eeeeeekkk!!!). I still continued to sing in my school chorus, but never could get the courage up to sing a solo, even after practicing for hours for the audition. I would chicken out.

At this point, not doing something at my best and letting a fear get in my way of doing something I love is equivalent to a sin.

So, i am in a voice class. Yep, took the plunge and joined up with several other fearful singers to try and just get over it, be brave and love it.

And, I do! It is one of the best things I have ever done. An investment in myself, a bit of love just for me, to help me bring my best to the world.

I am singing, appropriately, Amazing Grace and singing it well. It is in my soul, a little bird of grace, in the form of a song.

No comments: