Monday, May 19, 2008

Marbles, Marbles, Marbles





Were you like me when you were a kid and collected EVERYTHING shiny, interesting, that made good sound when it hit something else?

A short list of my collections is:

Fossils
antique photographs
those poodle sculptures that supposedly predicted the weather by changing colors
old bottles (especially those dug up from icky old trash dumps from torn down houses)
and marbles.

Marbles are the best! They come in a multitude of colors, sound GREAT when they smash into each other, have existed for a long time, you can play games with them. I mean, whoa! Cool, stuff.

Anyway, as I become less of a pack rat and more of a person who makes things out of other things conscientiously, I decided to make jewelry out of my collection of marbles. Earrings, Necklaces, bracelets coming soon... Check out some of the collection at www.ambermayhem.etsy.com

No comments: